AG - About Gender
Genova University Press guarantees the hosting and archiving of its digital products in accessible pdf format and ensures the long-term preservation of materials published in its Open Access journals through different types of archiving. GUP is committed to providing the permanent protection, accessibility and maximum dissemination of academic research.
Genova University Press encourages authors to publish manuscripts in institutional repositories or on personal websites before and during submission. It promotes unembargoed publication before final publication to facilitate productive exchanges and increase citations of published work.
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or their institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles or use them for any other lawful purpose without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Genova University Press has a regulation issued with R.D. no. 4262 of 22.10.2020, in force since 07.11.2020. Specifically:
Art. 2 - Aims
GUP's main objective is to enhance and support, from an editorial point of view, the scientific production of the University, promoting and disseminating research, teaching innovation, dissemination, the relationship with the territory and the image of the University. To achieve these objectives, GUP may also avail itself of the collaboration in the publishing activity of entities whose aims are consistent with its mission.
Article 9 - Open Access
GUP promotes the open access dissemination of its publications under the terms set out in the relevant internal regulations, particularly by archiving and indexing the works in the University's digital archive.
The University Library System of the University of Genoa has a "Regolamento per l'accesso aperto", issued by R.D. no. 3635 of 02.10.2017 and in force since 17.10.2017. Specifically:
Art. 8 - Genova University Press
Genova University Press (GUP) publishes mainly open access works alongside paid works. Open access works must be included in IRIS Unige and will be accessible as full texts, downloadable immediately or after an embargo period. Open access research works (published in series and periodicals) are subject to evaluation through referencing processes by the 'Protocollo d'intesa per la definizione dei criteri di scientificità' of the Association of Italian University Presses (UPI).
Genova University Press archives pdfs of articles published in the "GUP Journals" on a server owned by the University of Genoa. In addition to this, GUP has further archiving possibilities:
1) it can archive a digital copy (accessible pdf) of each article in the repository of digital objects managed by the University Library System, called "Doge"; the archiving in "Doge" is based on the open-source software DSpace Glam; for long-term digital preservation purposes, DSpace generates AIP (Archival Information Packages) equipped with the specific metadata for preservation and records each significant event in the life of each digital object, to which it assigns a persistent identifier in the Handle protocol. DSpace also has a checksum check routine to check the integrity of the preserved files periodically. The storage of digital materials archived in the 'Doge' platform currently resides on an AWS Dublin infrastructure. The materials can be accessed in open access via http://doge.unige.net.
2) it can archive via the commercial long-term digital preservation system 'Portico', of which the University Library System is a user.
Genova University Press guarantees maximum accessibility in open access to the "GUP Journals":
- on the publisher's website on the "Riviste GUP" page;
- in the institutional green Open Access repository of research products "IRIS Unige";
- in the GLAM Open Access repository of "Doge" digital objects;
- by facilitating access to its journals via the discovery tool "Unopertutto Unige".